As you start out on a new direct sales business venture, you may not feel like you are bursting with self-confidence. The truth is, not many of us do at that point. Here are some tips for building self-confidence:
- Realize that no one starts out knowing everything. This is a learning process, and having a plan to build your expertise will ease those nervous feelings. One way you can build your plan is creating a vision board that outlines your plan to learn what you need to do to build your self-confidence. Here is a link to a specific article on building a vision board that will give you the details: https://owldazzleyou.com/VisionBoard
- Set aside some time each day for self-education. Find out who some of the experts are in the direct sales field. You will materials in many forms. Everything from books to CDs. There is a wealth of information online, including coaching groups. Learn all you can, and keep up with new ways of doing business.
- Your mentor in your direct sales business is there to help you, give you suggestions, and also to point you to your company’s training and resources as well as company webinar opportunities.
- Look good; feel good. In direct sales, you never know when an opportunity may come up to share your product or service, or the business opportunity. When you feel good about how you are dressed and groomed, it helps to build your self-confidence.
- When you do learn new ways to present your business, start conversations with people you meet, build new relationships. Practice. Practice on your friends. Practice on your family. Talk to your dog! Get used to using the techniques you have learned. The more prepared you are, the more confident you’ll feel.
- Find a good direct sales coach, or an accountability partner to encourage your to stick to the goals you have set.
We are our own worst critics, so take it easy on yourself. Realize that being nervous in new situations is normal, but don’t let it stop you. Push forward with what you are learning because that is what will bring you success. If you need specific suggestions on authors, coaching resources, or some specific areas where you need help building your self-confidence, contact me. I would be happy to help.